Call our office at (360) 413-8250 to schedule an appointment.
What To Bring To An Appointment:
- A list of all medications you currently take, including over-the-counter and herbal supplements. Include the exact name of medication, dose and how often you take it. For your convenience you may bring your medication(s) in its original container
- If you have pertinent lab and/or procedure reports that will assist in your evaluation, ask your primary care provider to send them to our practice prior to your appointment.
- All current insurance card(s) and photo identification.
- Office visits co-payments are due on the day your service is provided
- Procedure pre-payments are due 3 days prior to your procedure appointment
In order to expedite your request to refill a prescription prescribed by one of our providers, call your pharmacy and ask them to fax us a request. Allow 2-3 business days to complete this process, as we need to review your chart. We may ask you to come and see your provider. Patients receiving medication long term must be seen yearly.
Obtaining Test Results:
Test results will be mailed to you within 2-3 weeks. Please call our office if you have not received your results within 3 weeks.
Obtaining Procedure Results:
Before you leave the endoscopy center, you will be given written discharge instructions that include what was found during your procedure. Pathology (biopsy) results will be mailed to you within 2-3 weeks. Your referring provider will also receive a copy. Please call our office if you have not received your results within 3 weeks.
Cancel An Appointment:
In the event you cannot keep your office appointment, contact our office at least 3 business days in advance.